Wednesday, October 3, 2012

day 4

the sea.

washing down the sink tonight, under the soap, behind the faucet, drying down the porcelain sides, leaving no signs of a day full with food. making clean what was chaos. in this place now polished lived a day filled with vibrant life. and i reflect on all that this day was... the voices of children interjecting excitedly, one on top of the other, like a frenzy of cards being shuffled. fingers busy baking. the frustration of a friend in dire need of a break. texts bringing me to laughter that made my checks sting. 
i wipe down the counters. i straighten the flowers on the window sill. and i realize  i won't remember this day. i won't remember the way we chased our children at church or how noelle insisted on being held and learned to wave her hand hello. i won't remember watching a you tube video that broke me. it made me hate myself for all the things i daydream about buying because some people have nothing. literally nothing. i won't remember the way laughter brought me to tears the way only good friends can. i won't remember. it is only one droplet in a river running to the sea.   and at my sink i see all those little moments as gifts moving me, moving us, one day closer to each other. one day closer to Him.

(i'll be out of town for the next few days. i'll try to post. try)

No comments: