Sunday, April 11, 2010

12

there may just be a few who remember that day. the one with the orange juice, and the avocados, and the unwanted babies breath. and how our tears fell like the rain that showered us on that day. he adored her. she met him at the alter. and before God and others and me, they said they would love each other forever and ever. they promised they would. the promises of a lifetime of devotion and compassion and passion all bound in the hands of each other and their loving Savior. we sang, and they sang, and i could hear my mom singing. and we ran out to meet them... laughing. how we would laugh. and when no one was watching them danced, but i was watching.

my how beautiful she looked on that day. my how deeply he looked into her eyes. oh my, and how they loved each other on that day. and they promised they always would. and on that day 12 years ago they promised. how was it that they forgot. and many now may not remember, but i do. i remember.

3 comments:

Miriam Maneevone said...

Made me cry. Yes, yes- I do remember. I had hoped to forgot, in fact celebrating Sam yesterday, I did forget..but no I can't forget, neither do I dare forget... Fresh pain of forsaken love...selfishness...pride. I couldn't protect her. But she remains in the Savior's love. He WILL bring her home to HIS deep an everlasting love. Sad, sad, sad....

j and w maertz said...

i remember the daisies on her dress, the lilac on ours. joy. lots and lots of joy. a giddiness that danced away the gray clouds. now, it's that gray cloud that seems to have a greater hold. thanks for remembering and sharing.

dimitris said...

τζακια