Thursday, May 29, 2008

done.





i am done! here is my family tree project. it was simple and fun and a really reflective experience. Here it is- canvas covered in suede brown material. colorful buttons with brown embroidery thread. it is hard to see from these pics but each button holds the name of each family member from the Paschall and Maneevone side with their year of birth. The center tree is Sam, Manoah, and me and a lot of empty branches, someday to be filled with names (we hope!) In all, the project cost around 25- 30 bucks (i already had the material). It was so interesting writing all the names on each tiny button... and thinking these are names of people who have lived before me. They had full meaningful lives. They laughed, ate, cried, and played. They are my family... shared blood, traditions, and genetics. life- it is a crazy beautiful thing.
thanks for joining me on this creation journey. Love.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

the nibbling marmot said...

I like this! simple and lovely.

littlemissmk said...

you are so creative. i can't wait to see it in person!

ann.e said...

i love it!! what a cool idea. good job too for following through - i don't know how you are but i often let those ideas just sit in my head until i forget about them :(

i'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I obviously didn't know him - just reading here and from McKenzie, but it's been heavy on my heart the same.